Compound World & Lifestyle News

World & Lifestyle

Colindale police station blockaded as 14 year old arrested

Young people have blockaded a police station in north-west London, accusing police of assaulting and arresting youth workers who had gone to investigate the arrest of a 14-year-old.
Several dozen people had gathered to block the car park entrance on Friday evening, while police in riot gear stood behind the gate. They were demanding the release of two youth workers, the 14-year-old, and another teenager.
Barnet police said they had made a section 35 dispersal order. Arrests under the order were not being made while the Guardian was present.
Temi Mwale, director of the 4Front Project, which works with young people on the Grahame Park estate, used a PA sound system to berate officers inside the station. “We tried to de-escalate the situation, I actually think it was going well,” she said. “But at some point, someone … decided it would be appropriate to send four, five huge vans full of hundreds of you, to start dragging community workers across the floor.”
Mwale told the Guardian that the incident had begun when young people from the estate had come to the 4Front Project’s offices to tell her colleagues that a 14-year-old was being arrested.
She and colleagues had challenged officers, who told them they had smelled cannabis on the boy and found drugs nearby. Onlookers were not satisfied with the their responses given and sat down in the road to block their vehicle from leaving the area.
“Here we have enormous issues with strip searches,” Mwale said. “We have had young people with their trousers down on the main road … this is why we said we don’t really trust what you are doing today.” She alleged that the boy who had been arrested had previously been the victim of an illegal search, in which police officers had put their hands in his underpants.
Mwale said she tried to de-escalate the situation, but many more officers arrived. “They started grabbing people, dragging them across the floor. One person had 10 or 15 officers around him, they were pinning him down with their knee on his neck.”
4Front Project workers were among those attacked by police, Mwale said. “The young people have got trust in these workers, they have been with them in the police station as appropriate adults,” she said. “From that point the young people were saying: no, you are not taking them.”
There are videos of police violently restraining at least one individual. The arrival of police in such large numbers was seen as a provocation on an estate where the community say they are the victim of excessive policing, which has intensified during the coronavirus lockdown. The incident came the day before a demonstration in nearby Tottenham against “the over-policing of black communities”.
Members of the community followed officers back to Colindale police station. They remained there late on Friday evening. A late tweet from police in Barnet said that the 14-year-old had been released.

Kanye Officially Files

Kanye West has taken his first official steps towards running for US president against Donald Trump and Joe Biden in November.

A representative for the rapper, who recently revealed he has never voted before, filed the necessary paperwork and paid the $35,000 (£27,623) fee to appear on Oklahoma's presidential ballot.

West squeaked in just ahead of the deadline, which was the end of Wednesday.

Shamima Begum can return to UK to fight for citizenship

Ms Begum, now 20, was one of three schoolgirls who left London to join the Islamic State group in Syria in 2015.

Her citizenship was revoked by the Home Office on security grounds after she was found in a refugee camp in 2019.

The Court of Appeal said she had been denied a fair hearing because she could not make her case from the Syrian camp.

The Home Office said the decision was "very disappointing" and it would "apply for permission to appeal".

The ruling means the government must now find a way to allow the 20-year-old, who is currently in Camp Roj in northern Syria, to appear in court in London despite repeatedly saying it would not assist removing her from Syria.

Lord Justice Flaux - sitting with Lady Justice King and Lord Justice Singh - said: "Fairness and justice must, on the facts of this case, outweigh the national security concerns, so that the leave to enter appeals should be allowed."

The judge also said that the national security concerns about her "could be addressed and managed if she returns to the United Kingdom".

Daniel Furner, Ms Begum's solicitor, said: "Ms Begum has never had a fair opportunity to give her side of the story.

"She is not afraid of facing British justice, she welcomes it. But the stripping of her citizenship without a chance to clear her name is not justice, it is the opposite."

Her father Ahmed Ali told the BBC he was "delighted" by the ruling, adding that he hoped his daughter would get "justice".

 

Compound Entertainment News

Tv Shows, Radio, Actors, Directors & Movies

Michael B Jordan's male assistant makes shocking claimaboutthe actor

Michael B. Jordan's former assistant, Amir Yass, claims that the actor was flirtatious with him, asking to kiss at one point.

Michael B. Jordan's former house assistant is dishing a lot about their former working relationship, claiming that they had a bond unlike any other during a new episode of Juicy Scoop with Heather McDonald.

Right when you thought that the story was finished, Yass added that there was a moment that Jordan even asked him if the two would ever lock lips.

"I was in his closet and he was just like ‘Are we gonna kiss?’ ... yeah and I was like ‘Michael!’ and he was like, ‘I just like to josh around with you,’ said Yass. 

The host then goes on to theorize about what Jordan actually wanted to do with his house assistant, with Yass thinking that he missed out on something special with the actor.

Indeed, the scoop was juicy when Amir Yass, a former publicist and house assistant for Michael B. Jordan, hopped on the show to speak about his experiences with some of Hollywood's A-listers. When he spoke about Jordan, Yass claims that they were flirtatious together, even insisting that he had a "moment" with the actor.

"He walked around in boxers and no shirt. He was so flirtatious. He would flirt with a wall," said Yass about the Black Panther star. "He would flirt with me, with everyone — he was such a flirt."

Empire actor Bryshere Gray faces domestic violence charges

Empire actor Bryshere Gray was arrested on domestic violence charges following a standoff with police at his Arizona home. 

Gray, who played Hakeem Lyon on the Fox TV series, was taken into custody on Monday at about 7am at his home in Goodyear, Arizona, where he had barricaded himself overnight. 

The incident began at about 10.15pm when police were called to a Circle K gas station in Goodyear to help a woman.

The woman had flagged down a passerby at another gas station, stating that 'she had been assaulted at her Goodyear home for the last several hours by her husband,' according to the police report obtained by Fox 10.

The passerby then drove the woman - who was not named - to the Circle K and called 911, at which point the woman identified Gray as her husband.  

Police said the woman had multiple visible injuries on her body and that she had said Gray had strangled her at one point, leading to her temporarily losing consciousness.

The woman was taken to the hospital where she was treated for her injuries and released.

 

Compound Music News

Artist, Producers, Singles & Albums

Kelly Rowland Opens Up

Destiny's Child star Kelly Rowland has opened up about the "torture" of constantly being compared to one-time bandmate Beyonce.

Rowland, 39, was a founding member of the 1990s R&B band and went on to have a highly successful solo career.

But when a contestant on The Voice Australia said he feared being overshadowed by his older brother, who is already a singer, she admitted she suffered the same problem.

She told the show: "I know this feeling. Can you imagine what it's like being in a group with Beyonce? I would just torture myself in my head."

Rowland was speaking to contestant Chris Sebastian, whose brother Guy is now a successful singer-songwriter after winning the first Australian Idol in 2003.

Now a TV presenter and an actress as well as a performer, Rowland first teamed up with Beyonce in 1990 to form Girl's Tyme with two others in their home city of Houston, Texas.

Speaking in her role as a coach on the talent show, she said that being in a band with someone as successful as Beyonce made her question her choices.

The singer said she would often think: "'I can't wear this dress because they're going to say it's like B.' Or, 'I can't have a song like that because it sounds too much like B.' They're gonna compare anyway."

She added that having a more famous bandmate felt like an "elephant in the room" for "a whole decade" and she "would be lying" if she said it never bothered her.

 

Compound Sports News

Football, Basketball & Wrestling

Willian completes Arsenal move

Willian's contract with Chelsea expired after their Champions League tie with Bayern Munich and Arsenal have beaten off competition from Barcelona and Inter Miami to sign the 32-year-old.
Willian made 47 appearances for Chelsea in all competitions last season and finished in fine form, with four Premier League goals after the restart taking his tally for the season to nine.
"I decided [to join] because Arsenal is one of the biggest clubs in the world," Willian said. "They have a new project with Mikel Arteta.
"I think this club deserves to shine again and I want to be a part of this project - to be a part of the Arsenal family is amazing. I'm very happy to do that.
"I come to try to win trophies, because this club deserves to win again, and I think you have to do the best as possible to win every game. I always train hard and go on the pitch giving 100 per cent to help this team to win games and to win titles as well."

Andrea Pirlo appointed by Juventus as manager

Juventus have appointed Andrea Pirlo as manager to replace the sacked Maurizio Sarri, a week after hiring the former midfielder as Under-23 boss.

The Italian giants sacked Sarri after just one season despite winning Serie A following the club's Champions League last-16 defeat by Lyon on Friday.

Pirlo, 41, has signed a two-year deal until June 2022.

The former Italy midfielder was only named the club's Under-23 manager on 30 July.

Juventus said the decision to promote him is "based on the belief that Pirlo has what it takes to lead from his debut on the bench, an expert and talented squad to pursue new success".

"The decision for Pirlo was very natural, in the Juventus style, because he is someone who played for us, has always been in contact with everyone here and it felt natural," said Juventus' chief football officer Fabio Paratici.

"We also believe he is pre-destined for greatness. He was as a player and we are confident he can do the same as a coach."

Pirlo played 164 games for Juventus between 2011 and 2015 and won four Serie A titles in Turin after joining from AC Milan, with whom he spent most of his career and won two Champions League and two league titles.

Maurizio Sarri sacked by Juventus

Italian giants Juventus have sacked Maurizio Sarri as manager after just one season.

Sarri guided Juventus to a ninth straight Serie A title but they were knocked out of the Champions League by Lyon at the last-16 stage.

Juventus won 2-1 in Turin on Friday but the French side progressed on away goals.

Italian Sarri, 61, was appointed on a three-year contract last summer after one year at Premier League club Chelsea.

Juventus lost three of their last four league matches to finish only one point clear of Inter Milan in the end.

They were also beaten by Napoli in the Coppa Italia final after football in the country restarted following the coronavirus shutdown.

Juventus are two-time European Cup/Champions League winners but have not lifted the trophy since 1996.

Former banker Sarri coached 16 different sides in the lower divisions of Italian football before reaching Serie A with Empoli in 2014.

After three years at Napoli, he moved to Chelsea where he finished third in the Premier League and won the Europa League in his one season in charge.

He then succeeded Massimiliano Allegri at Juventus in June 2019 and became the oldest manager to win Serie A.

A club statement thanked Sarri for "having written a new page in Juventus' history", adding that it was "the culmination of a personal journey that led him to climb all the divisions of Italian football".

Vickie Officially Joins AEW

Vickie Guerrero is officially All Elite.
The former WWE personality showed up on at last night's Dynamite special (16.7.20), Fight for the Fallen, having been introduced as former AEW Women's Champion Nyla Rose's new manager.
Rose had teased bringing an ally in during a quick promo at Fyter Fest last week. This led to an in-ring segment with Dasha Gonzalez who asked who 'The Native Beast' had recruited, before music peppered with Guerrero's "excuse me!" hit and out came Vickie, who hasn't been a full-time pro-wrestling performer since 2014.
Guerrero's promo saw her claim the rest of the women's roster were lying to themselves, saying they'd never be smart enough to cheat to win, with Rose set to steal every opportunity they had ever dreamed of.
Vickie has appeared for AEW in the past. She worked a Dark taping in December 2019 that prompted WWE to "cut her off," in her own words, and has featured in the background since the global health crisis kicked in. 2014 saw her released as a regular WWE performer though she made a handful of appearances over the next few years, most notably entering the 2018 women's Royal Rumble

 

+447938036381

United Kingdom, London

  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • SoundCloud
  • YouTube

©2019 by Compound Radio. All Rights Reserved. Compoundradio.co.uk is a part of the Compound Entertainment Ltd Group